The Business Administration program is for those who see business as a means for mission. Graduates are not just Christian business people, but those who see the boardroom, the store-front, and the start-up business as their field for doing ministry. The focus is the development of principles of business and management useful for the further advancement of God’s Kingdom. In addition to the required business courses, all graduates will receive a foundation (30 units) in Bible and theology.
The program is designed to encourage graduates to seek social, economic, environmental, and spiritual transformation through engagement in business.
Dr. Bates is a graduate of West Point, earned an M.B.A. from Regent University, and a Doctor of Management from George Fox University. The focus of his doctoral work was Business as Mission—a focus that fits well with the design of LPC’s business administration program. Dr. Bates has organized, funded, and led business as mission, service-learning trips that have taught business basics to the Thai and Laotian people.
- Business Administration Professions
- Non-Profits and Missions
- Business Start-Ups
- Financial Pastor
- Organizational Leadership
- Church Planting
Graduate Schools Who Have Accepted LPC Students (not a comprehensive list)
- Fuller Theological Seminary
- University of Chicago Law School
- Azusa Pacific University
- California Baptist University
- Regent University
- Biola University
- George Fox University
- University of Southern California
- University of Oxford
- Trinity Law School
- Talbot School of Theology
The Harvey Scholarship
Due to the generous gifts of the Harvey Family, incoming business administration students with demonstrated innovation skills and experiences may apply for the Harvey Family Business Innovation Scholarship. When awarded, the student receives a minimum tuition scholarship of $1,300 per academic year, renewable for four years while at Life Pacific College if scholarship eligibility criteria are met.
- The applicant must have a minimum high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater, on a 4.0 scale.
- Student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater in college, and be in good standing with Life Pacific College student requirements.
- Current Harvey Family Business Innovation Scholars are automatically renewed if they meet the requirements for the scholarship.
- Demonstrate an innovative mindset by providing a résumé.
- Complete a minimum 500-word essay on how you see business as a vehicle to serve people.
- Fill out the application completely before submitting it. Proofread your application, prior to submitting it. You want to present yourself well in the entire application process.
Please click on the following link to apply: Harvey Family Business Innovation Scholarship
In the Business Administration degree at LPC, you’ll find high-quality courses that prepare you for your future plans and goals within your field. Check out just a few of the courses you’ll have the opportunity to enroll in during your time here:
- Business as Mission
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Business Law & Ethics
- Research Methods
- Organizational Dynamics
- Business Policy & Strategy