Everyone needs a little help from time to time in dealing with issues that life presents them. Emmaus Road Christian Counseling (ERCC) has partnered with Life Pacific College to provide counseling services to students. It is important for individuals who are preparing for their future career and calling, to address certain areas of their life, in order to be able to live a life that is congruent with their faith. ERCC services are offered at no cost to current undergraduate LPC students. The ERCC offices are located directly across the street from LPC.
Some of the services provided to LPC students include the following:
- Academic Probation Support: When students under-perform academically, it is often the result of situations that have occurred, preventing the student from doing his or her best work. Therefore, counselors meet with students both in a small group setting and individually to help them address the issues surrounding their academic challenges. Students will also learn skills such as time management, organization, how to stay motivated, and career development.
- Life Challenges: Students who have a diagnosed learning disability are assigned to a counselor who meets with them on a regular basis to ensure that they are able to perform according to educational standards. Students are involved in designing a special accommodation plan for each class they are taking. In addition, low cost educational testing may be available to students, depending on staff availability.
- Personal Counseling: Students and/or faculty and staff are encouraged to seek out a counselor to discuss any mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, or adjustment issues. Students are also offered counseling to deal with previous abuse issues or current addictions. Students are not charged a fee for counseling. Faculty and staff receive a discounted rate.
- Couples Counseling: ERCC therapists provide relationship, pre-marital, and marital counseling services to LPC students.
- Groups: Students have the opportunity to attend a variety of support and special interest groups at no cost.
Emmaus Road ChrDr. Gayle M. Samples is the Co-Founder, and Executive Director of Emmaus Road Christian Counseling. An alumni of Life Bible College, Gayle graduated in 2000 from Trinity College of Graduate Studies with a Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology; became a California state licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in 2004; and graduated with her PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision from Regent University in 2009. Gayle is also a CAMFT Certified Supervisor.
You can learn more about Emmaus Road and the many Christian Counselors who are here to serve by visiting the ERCC website.
ERCC is located in the office buildings directly across the street from Life Pacific, providing easy access and privacy for students utilizing the counseling services. The ERCC offices are located at:
1111 W. Covina Blvd., Suite 120A
San Dimas, CA 91773