LPU Warrior Promise
Our commitment to ensuring a biblical Christian Higher Education is accessible to students.
Our Promise to You
The Warrior Promise at Life Pacific University is LPU’s commitment to ensure a biblical Christian Higher Education is accessible to deserving first-time first-year college students who would not otherwise be able to afford college.
This is a wonderful opportunity that could cover most of the out-of-pocket costs for eligible students with limited financial situations, and it is right in line with LPU’s mission to develop transformational leaders ready to take God into the world. Life Pacific University guarantees tuition will be covered by grant assistance and other sources for eligible students who qualify.
- Be an entering first-time first-year student for the fall semester with all required admission documents submitted before March 1st.
- Enrolled as a full-time, on-campus, degree-seeking student at Life Pacific University
- Qualify as a California resident.
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Cal Grant A GPA verification before March 2nd.
- Most California high schools electronically submit the state form with your high school GPA, confirm with your high school if this was submitted.
- Must qualify for both a Federal Pell grant and a California State Cal Grant A.
- Have demonstrated financial eligibility preventing you from covering the cost of tuition and fees per federal and/or state guidelines.
- Warrior Promise is renewable if qualifications are met.
Frequently asked questions
Is Warrior Promise renewable?
Yes, Warrior Promise is available for up to four years. To be eligible for renewal students must earn at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA and earn with passing grades a minimum of 24 credit hours per academic year. Thirty credit hours per year are preferable to ensure on-time graduation. Students must file a FAFSA and Cal Grant GPA verification each year by the State of California priority deadline and maintain income and need eligibility. Failure in submitting documents could result in loss of scholarship.
Does Warrior Promise require Full-Time Enrollment?
Yes, students are required to be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits at Life Pacific University for both fall and spring terms. We strongly encourage students to enroll in 15 credits per term to ensure on-time graduation. Continuous enrollment is required to retain the scholarship. If a student withdraws or does not continue each semester, this could result in a loss of the scholarship. Unusual or unexpected circumstances can be reviewed on a case by-case basis.
Is Warrior Promise Available for Summer Terms?
No. Warrior Promise is a fall and spring program only.
What is the application deadline for the Warrior Promise?
Warrior Promise does not require a separate application process. March 1st deadline date.
- You must submit all your required admissions documents and provide a valid social security number to LPU on your application for admission or directly to the LPU Registrar by the priority deadline.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Cal Grant GPA Verification by the priority deadline of March 1st to be considered. Submit all requested financial aid forms and supporting documents by this same date.
- Because students do not know in advance if they have been chosen for verification, families should consider submitting the FAFSA by December 1st. Verification may require additional documentation that will need to be submitted to the financial aid office before a federal award can be determined.
Does Warrior Promise Provide Assistance for Transfer Students?
No. Warrior Promise is a program for new entering first-year students. However, Life Pacific University offers eligible transfer students the Transfer Academic scholarships, along with an array of federal, state, and institutional aid and/or federal loans.
How Will I be notified if i receive the "Warrior Promise"?
“Warrior Promise” is a commitment from Life Pacific University to provide tuition coverage or support to qualifying California families, though it will not appear as an individual item on your initial financial aid offer. Eligible students will receive a separate communication providing the details of your assistance.
Take the Next Step
Apply to Life Pacific University California and continue your journey of discovering all you’re made to be.
Become a Student
Make an Impact
Office of Admissions
Office Hours: 8am-5pm PT, Monday – Friday
Call or Text: (909) 599-5433