Looking for money that helps defer costs and that you never have to pay back? Read below to learn about the merit-based and need-based aid that Life Pacific College offers. Financial grant awards are given solely on need depending on your family’s financial situation.
In addition to federal and state aid, Life Pacific College offers the following institutional scholarships to both new and continuing students:
Foursquare Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship is based on Merit and Financial eligibility. In order to be considered for this scholarship a student would need to fill out a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The Financial Aid office will determine, by the information off the FAFSA (eligibility) and the GPA requirement. The cumulative GPA must be a minimum of 3.30. The Foursquare Foundation Scholarship amount is determined after all other federal, state or institutional aid is awarded. This is also awarded on a first come, first serve basis until the funds are depleted.
Award amounts: Vary
This is a Merit only scholarship. The award amount varies according to cumulative GPA ranges. A student must complete a FAFSA and awards are on a first come, first serve basis until funds are depleted. The Financial Aid office will determine based on completion of FAFSA and GPA.
Award amount: $1000 to $3000 per year
This scholarship is for dependents or spouses of Licensed Ministers who are actively serving and appointed to a church. There is an application process and must be submitted each academic year. The student must be registered for a minimum of 12 regular coursework units and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.50. Parents must be a licensed minister, appointed and serving in a local church. The parent can also be serving as a missionary, chaplain or evangelist.
Award amount: $2000.00 per year
These scholarships come from various donors, foundations and alumni. There is an application process and online applications are available during the spring semester, during the month of February. These scholarships are only offered to currently enrolled students in the Traditional program at LPC. The Office of Advancement facilitates the endowed scholarship and these are awarded in March for the following academic year.
Award amounts: Vary
This is a scholarship that could cover a portion of room and board. There is an application process for this position and is facilitated by the office of the Resident Director. For more information on the RA position you may contact the office of the Resident Director.
Award amount: $4,000.00 per year
Office of Admissions
The Office of Admissions awards various scholarships to prospective students during preview days and summer camps.
Award amount: $1,000.00 one time
These vary and are determined by the Athletic Director.
Harvey Family Business Innovation Scholarship
Due to the generous gift of the Harvey Family, incoming business administration students with demonstrated innovation skills and experiences may apply for the Harvey Family Business Innovation Scholarship. When awarded, the student receives a minimum tuition scholarship of $1,300 per academic year, renewable for four years while at Life Pacific College if scholarship eligibility criteria are met.
- The applicant must have a minimum high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater, on a 4.0 scale
- Student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater in college, and be in good standing with Life Pacific College student requirements.
- Current Harvey Family Business Innovation Scholars are automatically renewed if they meet the requirements for the scholarship,
- Demonstrate an innovative mindset by providing a resume.
- Complete a minimum 500-word essay on how you see business as a vehicle to serve people.
- Fill out the application completely before submitting it. Proofread your application, prior to submitting it. You want to present yourself well in the entire application process.
Check for scholarships that may be available through your employer, your parent’s employers, or through businesses and civic organizations in your community. Here are a few scholarship websites to explore as well:
- Foursquare Women Scholarship (For Women Only) – Application Deadline May 1st each year.
- Christian Community Credit Union
- College Christian Leaders
- Fund for Theological Education
- College Board
- Scholarship Resource Network Express
- Smith Christian Service Foundation (For Graduate Students) – How to Apply.
- Having trouble with any of these forms? E-mail us at email@example.com.
Federal Pell Grant
The Federal Pell Grant Program provides federal funds for students of families that qualify. To be eligible, an applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident, demonstrate financial need, and must not have previously received a bachelor’s degree. Students may apply for the Pell Grant by filling out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
State of California Grants
The Cal Grant program provides awards for California resident applicants who demonstrate financial need and meet GPA requirements. California resident students may apply by filling out the FAFSA and a GPA Verification Form. To be eligible for a fall semester award, the student must submit an application by March 2nd.