The journey begins here!
Thank you for considering Life Pacific University! We know that you have many schools to consider for this next stage of your life and we glad to be among them. For nearly 100 years, Life Pacific University has been educating the minds & empowering the futures of leaders who serve God in the Church, the workplace, and the world. We look forward to helping you begin this exciting journey. As soon as you apply, you will be assigned an admissions counselor who will be a guide for you and your family as you move forward through the admission process.
How to apply
Step One: Complete Online Application
The application typically takes about 15-20 minutes to complete! Once you complete the first page of the application, you will be emailed a pin number so that you can stop and save your application and return to it at a later time.
Step Two: Submit $50 Application Fee and Photo
The fee is to help cover the cost of processing the application. The photo is so we can put a face to the name as we pray for our applicants daily. Contact the admissions office at email@example.com to learn about how to receive a fee waiver. You may send your photo by email, fax, or mail. Click here to pay the application fee.
Step Three: Write and Submit a Personal Essay
Your personal essay will help us learn more about you and why you want to join the Life Pacific community. This essay will also be used to help assess your academic preparation so please ensure it is well-written and free of grammar & spelling errors. Please submit the essay by email, fax, or mail.
The essay must be 2-3 pages in length and address the following:
- Your salvation experience;
- Your present walk with the Lord;
- Your involvement in church and/or ministry over the past 3-5 years, and
- Your sense of calling and life mission.
Step Four: Submit Character Reference
Reference form may be completed by a pastor, a Christian leader, or a teacher who knows you well. Instructions for submitting reference are on the form. Download the reference form here.
Step Five: Submit Official High School Transcripts
Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required for admission. Students with a GPA below 2.5 may be considered for admission on academic probation (see Admission Requirements section).
Official transcripts must be received in a sealed, official school envelope. You will need to contact your schools registrar office or guidance counselor to request that your transcripts be sent to LPU. This can take some time, so we encourage you to do it right away.
Step Six: Submit Official College Transcripts
Minimum 2.5 GPA required for admission. Applicants with a GPA below 2.5 may be considered for admission on academic probation (see Admissions Requirements).
Official transcripts are required from all colleges previously attended, even if applicant believes the units may not be transferable. Official transcripts must be received in a sealed, official school envelope or sent directly from the previous college to the admissions office via fax or email.
Step Seven: Submit Proof of English Proficiency
Proof of English Proficiency may be provided through one of the following means:
- Official SAT scores with a composite of 790 or higher (For tests taken before March 2016, required composite score is 700 or higher.);
- Official ACT scores with a composite of 14 or higher;
- Official AP English Language & Composition test score of 3 or better;
- Accredited college course, completed with C- or better, that fulfills transfer requirements for English Composition and Grammar or English Composition and Research.
If you meet one of the exception criteria below, then other options may be available for fulfilling your English Proficiency requirement.
- You graduated from high school three or more years prior to the term you intend to enroll.
- You completed at least 16 accredited college units prior to the term you intend to enroll.
If you meet one of these criteria, please contact an admissions counselor for more information.
Transfer of Credits Policy
Students who have completed courses at other accredited institutions may be able to transfer courses into Life Pacific University. Transcripts from other institutions will be evaluated to determine their relationship to requirements at LPU. Official transcripts from any institution previously attended must be submitted directly to LPU. Transcripts will not be accepted as official unless they are received electronically or sealed (unopened) from the school.
- Credit is evaluated on a course-for-course basis if the course descriptions are similar to LPU’s courses or as elective units.
- Only coursework with a grade of C- or better is transferable and calculated into the student’s GPA. (A student may petition for up to 7 units with a D grade if the course(s) is not a pre-requisite for another course and it is not part of the student’s major.)
- The number of transferable credits is restricted by the graduation policy requiring a minimum of 32 units to be completed at LPU.
- A student cannot transfer more than 49% of the required units to earn a major at LPU.
Additional details can be found on the University Catalog page.
Dates & Deadlines
Fall 2023 Priority Application Deadline
Fall 2023 Regular Application & Deposit Deadline
Applying for Fall 2023
Application Deadlines & Important Dates