Life Pacific University
COVID-19 Planning & Preparedness
Updates and information about Life Pacific University’s continued preparedness, action and response to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
March 4, 2022: Mask Policy Update and Safety Guidelines
We pray this message finds you healthy and well. You may be aware that COVID-19 safety guidelines for LA County were updated today. Effective immediately, masks are no longer required for all persons, regardless of vaccine status, in other indoor public settings and businesses. Nevertheless, LPU encourages the use of masks as needed. This message announces current safety requirements for LPU campuses accordingly.
Current LPU COVID-19 safety protocol requires that we:
- LPU will continue to make well-fitting respirator or medical masks available to employees, students, and visitors and encourages use, although not required.
- Notify the Office of Student Development or Campus Nurse if experiencing potential COVID-19 symptoms and refrain from going to events, activities, or classes. Testing and isolation apply under these circumstances.
- Notify the Office of Student Development or Campus Nurse if you were exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Quarantine is required in instances of positive case exposure of less than 6-foot distance for more than 15 minutes.
- Our Campus Nurse will provide additional guidance regarding testing, and the duration of isolation/quarantine required given the circumstances and current protocol in effect for institutions of higher education in our respective campus counties.
- To access COVID-19 and flu vaccination information or make appointments to receive initial or booster doses through the state of California, visit https://myturn.ca.gov/
- LPU will continue to update policy and notify you promptly of any changes to our procedures as applicable, where COVID-19 safety guidelines are updated by applicable heath agencies.
Please contact me with any questions or concerns that arise. I want to thank our student body for your diligence in keeping safe and building forward – you are appreciated!
Vice President of Student Development