Each year on Giving Tuesday more than 80 countries around the world celebrate generosity by giving and supporting each other. This year at Life Pacific University, we exceeded our highest ever giving goal of $100,000 to support the transformational development of future leaders. Together, with the support of LPU friends and alumni, more than $150,000 was given to support key university projects!
President Angie Richey states, “I am inspired by the results of LPU’s Giving Tuesday campaign. LPU thanks the Lord for all of you who value Christian higher education and the holistic development of students. LPU will continue to raise up leaders who will serve Christ and others all over the world. Your giving makes this possible! Thank you again for building forward with LPU.”
To all who gave, thank you for your partnership. At a university like LPU, every dollar makes a significant difference in the life of a student. “By increasing our goal to $100,000 this year and then exceeding it by 50%, it’s clear that alumni, pastors, trustees, faculty, staff, and university partners are generous to those in need and stand together to support our mission,” says Executive Director of Development Lynnette Lozoya. “We have the privilege of participating in God’s miraculous provision and being an answer to someone’s prayer.”
Learn more about the five giving projects this year:
- Athletics Last year, two LPU athletes were honored with the national GSAC Champion of Character Award. Student athletes served meals and school supplies in the local community and raised money with Foursquare Disaster Relief. Our competitive athletic programs build discipleship, teamwork, and leadership. Most importantly, however, young men and women are transformed to seek integrity, discipline, and honor while competing on the field, mat, or court.
- LPU-Virginia United in mission and purpose, LPU-VA offers students an innovative pathway to graduate with a bachelor’s degree and hands-on real world experience in the local church so that graduates are well-rounded and equipped to effectively lead.
- The Media Campaign With gifts exceeding $730,000, the Aimee Semple McPherson Digital Media Studios were launched in August and are already the hub of creative, compelling videos, photo shoots, livestream events, and master class productions that impact culture and change lives.
- Scholarships Your gifts created nine new scholarships last year. These new scholarships represent more than 30 students who received support to finish their degree and follow their calling. Scholarships provide financial support for students pursuing ministry, students with a heart for missions, veteran students, women in ministry, online students, and first generation, underrepresented young men and women.
- Student Care Last year, LPU Success Coaches logged in more than 5,500 interactions with students to help guide each student through the challenges of a remote education. LPU is determined to ensure the success of each student as they experience a powerful learning environment and a sense of belonging that will equip them to build forward and live out their bold dreams.
There’s still time to give!
To ensure LPU’s future as we train the next generation of transformational leaders, we are continuing to raise support throughout the month of December. Please remember LPU in your year-end giving.